Friday, August 1, 2014

Cerebral Palsy: A Mothers Voice

Today I am a mother. I had also too many dreams about my child. Usually the memories of a growing child is wonderful for every mothers. Usually mothers carry their children first 6 to 10 months and then children start to stand or walk and also learn to be busy alone. Unfortunately it did not happens to me.

My daughter Ridhwaana, she is 7 years old. Very sweet happy girl did not learn to sit or walk untill now. But my dearm does not come to an end. Now I have learnt to live with it. I do not have any other child. So, I am alway busy with her and every mother with a child like me understand what is behind it.

You can find Ridhwanna(my inspiration) here..
 

How to recognise CP?
 
In developed countries, CP usually are recognized during birth or before birth. But, in developing countries and under develop countries , the medical facilities are not good enough to recognize cerebral palsy in very early stages. Even 60% of mother who lives in villages give birth at home. So, all mothers need to concern about the early Symptoms of cerebral  palsy to start taking measures in very early childhood.
 
Here is some noted Point about early stage of CP from my experience:
 
  1. Little child having difficulty of drinking mother's milk or liquid food.
  2. Difficultly to make clothing..
  3. you feel extra hard muscle of the little child during taking care.
  4. The child can not hold head properly even after 4 months of age.
  5. Usually coughing during eating and Food stack in the air ways..
  6. Do not learn to sit within 7 months..
  7. Unstable eye contract
  8. Speak very less and can not formulate sentences in usual age..
  9. Difficulty of Holding toys or object properly..
  10. very high muscle tones and Standing on toes and can not place the foot parallel to ground.
Cerebral palsy is a brain damage, can occur also before or during birth time complicacy.  Premature babies usually have high possibility of absence of oxyzen in the brain.

I did not have no idea idea what is cerebral palsy,but times tell me the stories and it is not from beginning I knew that my child is suffering from it. I took her to a doctor when she was 11 month and I had a Feeling that she is not growing or developing normally as other normal babies. What doctor said was surprising to me, "the Baby has development delay and hopefully she will be fine within 6 months". The six month never ended...My child is now seven years and she can not even sit. My promise to me, I will not stop trying....


Consequences of CP in my life
I am from Bangladesh, a developing country. I was one of the lucky Girls who had scope to complete University education. I am a urban planner. During my daughter's birth, I was in a remote small urban Center of Bangladesh in my work Station. There was not enough medical facilities and good hospitals. She did not get oxygen immediately after her birth and moreover the people did not tight her naval properly. So, she was bleeding for few hours and loose her birth weight immediately and went to comma. We shifted her to capital City Dhaka and she was in incubator for 11 day under intensive care. After 14 days she cried a little bit. I returned to my  work when she was 45 days old. My mother was taking care of her during my work hour. It was not easy to continue my work because she was not growing like normal Baby. It was very difficult to feed her and she had less control over her Body. Everybody was complaining she cried a lot when I left her at home during my work hours..

Guess what???
I had to leave my Job..became a housewife and mother. It is not very easy for a working women as she need to depend on the mercy of others. First doctor said that she has little developmental delay she will be fine within 6 months. But, how many six months past away from my life and life became more difficult. I was losing hope day by day to come back to work again..but i kept hopping..

Now, I believe in miracle . Although, the miracle did not make Ridhwaana healthy but give me new perspective to think. I have learnt to accept cerebral palsy and learnt to live with it. I want to inspire all the people who feel pain in heart for the poor situation to accept it.



What Support can come from society???
Society can help only and only if they believe parents of disable child are more helpless than the disable person itself..why??? Because they can not work properly as well as can not earn enough for living. When they do not work for long time, that reduce the possibility of obtaining a Job again.

You can help us sure:
•By keeping your child sympathetic to our unable child
•Government can generate such job opportunities for mothers that is possible to perform from home
•Job Providers should believe we are equally productive as other(Whenever people came to know I have a disable child, they are usually afraid to employ me.. )



LETS FACEE IT TOGETHER!!! WE CAN SHARE OUR EXPERIENCE AND MAKE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND US!!!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment